Mitsubishi Electric is an equal opportunity employer. We are always interested in hearing from exceptional individuals who are interested in joining our team and be a part of the fast-growing solar electric industry. To apply for an open position, please submit a resume and cover letter explaining your interest, and how your skills and experience fit the position.
Mitsubishi Electric US, Inc.
5900-A Katella Ave.
Cypress, CA 90630
Job Title: Marketing & Public Policy Manager
Position #: C-836
Location: Cypress, CA
Mitsubishi Electric has been at the leading edge of solar product innovation for 40 years, manufacturing top- quality solar modules for global distribution. Mitsubishi Electric US, Inc. is hiring a Marketing and Public Policy Manager to provide leadership on marketing, communications, and external relations with industry associations, the media, community, and government. We are looking for a highly motivated, organized, articulate, customer-focused professional with excellent creative, analytical, and interpersonal skills to join our dedicated solar team in Cypress, California.
The essential functions of the position include, but are not limited to the following:
- Create and manage annual strategic marketing plan in line with overall business goals.
- Develop and track the marketing and communications expense budget.
- Nurture, evolve, and protect corporate and brand image and identity
- Oversee and manage vendors to produce marketing collateral (including artistic direction and content creation)
- Develop and manage lead generation campaigns
- Manage co-op marketing program with customer network
- Identify and plan participation in key local, regional, and national industry trade shows.
- Manage and work with vendors to generate digital marketing strategy, including website, social media, SEO, and reporting and analytics.
- Advocate and lead advertising strategy to promote Mitsubishi Electric brand and PV products
- To secure speaking opportunities at industry events, and enhance publicity in relevant publications.
- Develop and update multi-media presentations
- Work with Corporate Communications to create, manage and distribute press releases.
- Serve as company's legislative and regulatory representative on renewable energy and PV topics
- Advise on industry association membership selection, and participate in associations' planning and advocacy activities.
- Manage relationships with market research vendors, make recommendations on market research purchases, and manage procurement.
- Compile monthly roundup of pertinent energy and PV policy news and events
- Will travel when needed.
The non-essential functions of the position include, but are not limited to the following:
- Performs other job functions as assigned.
- 4-year degree in Business, Marketing, Public Policy, Environmental Studies or related discipline/coursework (Masters Degree a plus)
- Minimum 2 to 4 years of experience in marketing communications and trade show management.
- Must have excellent interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills, have a strong command of the English language and the ability to deliver presentations.
- Must be highly creative with excellent project management, organizational, analytical, quantitative, and computer skills.
- Must be able to excel working independently and in a team.
- Must have experience managing marketing-related vendors.
- Experience in managing dealer network promotion programs (preferred)
- Possess familiarity and experience with core environmental issues (preferred)
- Must be able to handle multiple projects simultaneously within stringent time constraints.
- Must be proficient in the usage of the Microsoft Office Suite of products including at least the following: Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and Outlook.
- Familiarity with solar PV basics and understanding of PV market and industry (preferred)
- A deep desire to be in the renewable energy business
- Willingness to travel as needed.
Management retains the discretion to add to or change the duties of the position at any time.